5 Tips for an Awesome Asian Festival
The Asian Festival comes to Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens every Memorial Day weekend (May 24-25) and brings the best food, entertainment and culture from the numerous nations that Columbus-area Asians trace ancestry to. Every year, the festival gets bigger and better. Here are our tips for having the very best experience!
1. FOOD! Even the most adventurous eaters and most seasoned travelers will find a new food to try at the festival. Vendors with roots in the Philippines, South Korea, China, Malaysia, Laos and more offer up an amazing variety of food.
2. Though there is parking around the Conservatory, the festival is making it even easier to park! Here’s a list of lots that offer free parking and free shuttles to the festival grounds.
3. Check the web site ahead of time to find out when the performances you’re interested in are happening. Whether it’s martial arts exhibitions, cultural dance shows or sports games like sepak-takraw, there’s so much going on.
4. This is a beautiful time of year to explore Columbus! The festival has organized a special room rate with the Courtyard Columbus Airport of $89 a night so you can do and see more while you’re here!
5. Don’t forget the Dragon Boat Races! They take place Saturday, May 11 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Scioto Audubon Metropark. 20 paddlers per boat race down the river in this southern Chinese traditional event. If you’ve attended in years past, know that the location has changed – it’s further south down the Scioto River.