Planning a reunion in Columbus is easy. And we're here to help with our free services.
We will assist you with finding hotels, local attractions and more. Contact our staff for assistance at any time and review the Reunion Planning Checklist below or in pdf form. And when the time comes, we'll provide you with Visitors Guides, plastic bags and giveaways.
Be our guest at a special FREE seminar to learn all the ways to make your family's next reunion an event they'll remember forever. Register here.
- October 4, 2014
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- NorthPointe Hotel and Conference Center
Roger Dudley, CTA, Tourism Sales Manager
Group Leaders and Family Reunions
Reunion Planning Checklist18-24 Months Ahead
- Contact Experience Columbus for general information on Columbus and planning tools, such as a Tour Planner Guide and information on experiential tours
- Contact Experience Columbus staff to determine how they can help you find options for hotel locations, restaurants/caterers and service providers for lanyards, t-shirts, printing and more
- Begin to research potential hotels, restaurants, attractions and service providers
- Send "Save the Date" postcards or e-mails to include tentative plans, theme, approximate cost, memory book contributions and missing persons list
- Reserve a block of hotel rooms and let Experience Columbus know which hotel you have selected
- Begin rough itinerary and schedule
- Reserve restaurants, ballrooms, parks or other attractions
- Reserve all service providers, such as entertainment, caterer, photographer and group transportation (tour bus)
- Choose menus
- Send formal invitations (ask about food allergies or preferences)
- Submit personalized souvenir order (t-shirts, mugs, caps) **Remember, Experience Columbus can refer you to local vendors
- Reserve rental equipment: tents, chairs, etc.
- Select decorations, signs, banners
- Finalize schedule with activities and meals
- Write checklist for reunion day tasks
- Order Visitors Guides, plastic bags and giveaways from Experience Columbus
- Reconfirm meeting, sleeping and eating accommodations
- Pick up materials from Experience Columbus' office, 277 W. Nationwide Blvd., Ste. 125
- Enjoy your time with family experiencing Columbus!