Welcome to a Career at Experience Columbus!
Working at Experience Columbus means that you’ll be surrounded by smart and welcoming colleagues who are passionate about the city of Columbus. We are constantly working to promote tourism and market the city as a great place to live, work & play because we believe in the value it has to offer its residents and visitors.
When you work for Experience Columbus you are part of the power of tourism for the city. Here, you will be able to collaborate with our local attractions, the hospitality industry and community partners.
We are driven to show the best of the Columbus experience to the world. And, we do so with integrity at the forefront. If these things excite you, we want to hear from you!
Currently Available Jobs
Don’t see the job you’re looking for? That’s okay! Send your resume anyway, and we’ll call you when something comes up.
What We Do
We are a destination marketing organization, sometimes referred to as a convention and visitor bureau. We hire people from a variety of backgrounds: hospitality, the arts, tour operations, communications, marketing, finance, account management and customer service, just to name a few.
The CONVENTION SALES group sells Columbus as a convention, meeting and trade show destination to a national audience. The Sales team collaborates with other hospitality industry professionals, including hoteliers and facility operators, to produce bids to host meetings and conventions in Columbus. The Service team connects planners with our partners, welcome attendees to the city and make sure visitors have a great experience in Columbus.
STRATEGIC DEVELOPMENT handles all sales, services and retention of Experience Columbus' 1,000+ partners, representing a variety of industries. The EVENTS team creates and manages high-profile events for Experience Columbus and the Greater Columbus Sports Commission.
The MARKETING team supports sales efforts through strategic marketing, public relations and social media tactics. The department is engaged in many efforts to raise the profile of Columbus as a vibrant, world-class city.
The TOURISM department markets and sells Columbus as a leisure destination to groups and individual consumers. The team also manages the Certified Tourism Ambassador™ (CTA) and Experience Dedicated™ Destination (EDD) programs, the Columbus Leisure Group Network, the Experience Columbus Visitor Centers and the Volunteer with Columbus program.
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION. The team helps Experience Columbus move forward with smart technology and people initiatives. Finance works to ensure the highest levels of fiscal compliance.
The Power of Tourism
The Work Environment
Where we work: Work in the heart of the Arena District – with walkable access to downtown restaurants and attractions, including the Scioto Mile walking/bike path
Our core values: Collaborative, Passionate, Strategic, Integrity, Motivated
Experience Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining an active nondiscriminatory work environment. Experience Columbus does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age (40 and older), sex, gender identity or expression, familial status, veteran status, military status, genetic information, disability or any other factor protected by applicable law.
What you will Experience with Us
A focus on your career growth
- Support continuing education opportunities in the industry and your field so you have the knowledge and skills to keep moving forward and get the most out of your career.
- Company-wide recognition and rewards.
- An open-door policy with every employee, including the CEO.
- Interesting projects and ability to be involved with Columbus based brands, attractions and activities.
- Opportunities to collaborate with civic leaders and business groups to promote Columbus.
- Team building events and celebrations through our Employee Appreciation Team
A focus on your personal quality of life
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family unit
- Company paid short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance
- 401(k) plan – with generous employer match
- Accommodating office environment – with option for a standing desk
- Flexible work schedules and generous PTO time off and holidays off
- Wellness incentives and activities – including free monthly 1:1 coaching sessions through AccelWell
- Commitment to the environment through our Green Committee efforts and activities (recognized as a Columbus GreenSpot)
- Free monthly covered parking
- Dry cleaning onsite drop off/pick up
- Employee discount on select merchandise in the visitor center shops
- Access to complimentary coffee and beverages