10 Can't-Miss Family Attractions in Columbus
April 28, 2014
Columbus has a variety of top-ranked attractions you won't want your family to miss. Here are our suggestions for where to start. You can always find more ideas at ExperienceColumbus.com.
1. Visit America's #1 zoo. See why the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium and its famous director emeritus "Jungle Jack" Hanna have a worldwide reputation. 2. The nation's #1 science center for families, COSI, makes science interactive, hands-on and fun. You can't miss this summer's Sherlock Holmes exhibit. 3. Give me some peanuts and Cracker Jack ... and a dime-a-dog! A Columbus Clippers baseball game is budget-friendly and family-friendly. 4. Test your mettle at Zipzone Canopy Tours, a family and child zip line adventure located just minutes from downtown Columbus.
5. Say hello to a mastodon and connect to the history of Ohio from prehistory to present day at the Ohio History Center.
6. Spend an afternoon with Picasso, Monet, Edward Hopper, Norman Rockwell and Columbus native George Bellows in the permanent collection at the Columbus Museum of Art.
7. Get loud and rowdy at a Columbus Crew soccer game, one of the most exciting family-friendly sporting events around.
8. Stroll through the immaculate gardens, view the plant and art collections and exotic butterflies of Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. Built in 1895, the Conservatory is on the National Register of Historic Places.
9. Shop, eat, play in the fountains and catch the latest blockbuster at Easton Town Center with its family-focused Fenlon Square. American Girl, Build-A-Bear, Lego's, Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams and a 30-screen movie theater are just some of the options when you go.
10. Home to everything from local meats and produce to rare spices, fresh flowers and one-of-a-kind gifts alongside an expansive outdoor farmer's market, Columbus' North Market is the recipe for one unique afternoon.