Summer is here, and that means it's even more fun to sample some of the best cocktails around. Columbus' mixologists are extremely talented - working with local spirits and fresh additions, you're sure to find a unique new summer drink here. Here are our recommendations for where you should start.
1. Tequila Gimlet at Milestone 229 - Made with herradura tequila, lime and cucumber, this drink is both refreshing and invigorating. Plus the patio is to die for.
2. Bordello Bubbly at The Jury Room - This might be Columbus' oldest restaurant, but it's cocktail menu is full of youthful cheek. This easy-to-drink cocktail is made with local OYO Stone Fruit Vodka, champagne, Chambord and bitters.
3. Room with a Grandview at Curio - A new twist on the classic gin fizz, this cocktail mixes Columbus' own citrusy Watershed Four-Peel Gin with whipped egg white, lime juice and house-made bitters. Perfect for a hot day and alongside a Spicy Yuma pizza from Harvest Pizzeria, which shares a patio with Curio.
4. Barrel Aged Manhattan at M - M boasts one of the best views of the city from its perch in the posh Miranova building at the south end of the Scioto Mile. This cocktail is the perfect sipper for the start of a night out. OYO vodka is mixed with sweet vermouth and angostura bitters and aged to perfection in an oak cask.
5. Beet Caipirinha at MOUTON - This Short North hot spot does all the classics with precision. But if you're looking for something completely different, try the Beet Caipirinha. Made with Brazilian sugar cane-distilled chacaça and zinged up with lime, earthy red beet puree and tart white wine vinegar give this cocktail a delicious and memorable twist.