5 Great Bike Trails in Columbus
May 30, 2014
Bicyclists and nature fans alike will enjoy miles of bike paths and natural wilderness running through the heart of Columbus. Next time you visit, bring your bike along! Here are five places to get started:
1. Scioto Trail – Running along the Scioto River and through downtown, this 9-mile trail offers spectacular views of the Columbus skyline.
2. Olentangy Trail – 18 miles long and running from downtown to the northern suburb of Worthington, this incredibly scenic trail may be the city’s most popular route.
3. Alum Creek Trail – Stretching 31 miles to the east of the city, this trail runs through both quaint neighborhoods and beautiful parks.
4. Big Walnut Trail – Running from the Hoover Reservoir to Inniswoods Metro Gardens, this 6-mile trail takes the rider through a series of picturesque parks.
5. Darby Creek Trail – Located just outside the city, this crushed gravel path might be the area’s most beautiful ride.
If bringing your own bike isn't an option, check out COGO - the Columbus bike share program! For $6 a day, you can rent bikes throughout the central city for 30 minutes at a time, all day long. Check here more for details!