This post is written by Leah Lammers, membership manager for Experience Columbus.
Last spring, Columbus welcomed The Pedal Wagon, a 15-person pedal powered machine. This up-and-coming attraction offers a fun and unique way to explore Columbus’ various districts, breweries and local bars. Whether it is you and 14 of your closest friends, or six of your co-workers, this rolling party is sure to leave you with fun and lasting memories.
After recently testing out this rolling attraction with my colleagues, I'm sharing some tips on making the most of this rolling party.
1. Make it your own - The Pedal Wagon offers several planned routes to choose from, like the High Street Shuffle and the Blue Jackets Brew Cruise. You can find the complete list of themes here. However, if you have a favorite bar or different route in mind, they’ll work with you!
2. Bring your iPod - Jam out to your favorite tunes and playlists while you pedal. Bring your favorite CD or anything with a headphone jack to play music from. There is nothing like a little music to get the party started!
3. Dress appropriately - The weather can be unpredictable, but that won’t stop The Pedal Wagon! Whether it is rain or snow, be sure to dress appropriately. Last but not least, make sure you wear comfortable footwear. Something that is comfy to walk in is ideal i.e. flip-flops, tennis shoes.
5. Relax, it's not hard! - You’re wonderful and knowledgeable tour guide controls the brakes and steering. All you need to do is pedal to make the wagon move, and have fun during your 2-hour tour!
6. Be nice to your Tour Guide - Not only will they assist you in adjusting your seat, but they’ll work hard to ensure you leave with a smile on your face, and a memory that will last you a lifetime.
To book your party, click here.