Origins Game Fair, June 11-15, 2014 at the Great Columbus Convention Center, is an annual extravaganza of games of all kinds! Whether you've never been before or are a veteran, we've partnered with Origins to give you 10 reasons Origins and Columbus are the destination for you.
1. Monster Factory and Costume Contest at Origins - Bring the kids to this fun area where they can get messy with face painting, a coloring contest and more! Participate in the costume contest June 14 with categories for kids and adults.
2. Billy Ireland Cartoon Museum - Located adjacent to the Wexner Center for the Arts on the campus of The Ohio State University, this brand new free attraction displays the largest collection of original comics in the world. Check out the Calvin and Hobbes exhibition currently on show.
3. Live Long and Game Health Fair and 5k at Origins The health fair is from 1 – 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 14. There will be free health screenings, a blood drive and prizes for anyone who completes the series. The Origins 5k begins at 9 a.m. on June 15 at McPherson Commons (Arch Park). We hope you dress for the occasion. You can register at http://bit.ly/Origins5k.
4. Kingmakers Board Game Parlor - We fully expect this Short North board game parlor will become the unofficial off-site hangout for Origins visitors. Want to try something new? Ask for the services of the board game sommelier, who will match you with the perfect pairing. Beer, wine and soft drinks are all on offer.
5. Supported Play at Origins - Join gamers in Hall D for demos and tournament play from some of the biggest names in gaming. Hall D is open from 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Wednesday - Saturday and 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. on Sunday.
6. International Exhibition of Sherlock Holmes at COSI - Put on your deerstalker and head to COSI for a dark and thrilling adventure as you use interactive experiments to solve a gruesome case.
7. Exhibit Hall at Origins - The busiest and most popular area at the convention is the Exhibit Hall in Hall C. Open from 10 a.m. - to 6 p.m. Thursday – Saturday and 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Sunday. This is the spot to find the hottest new games old favorites from hundreds of vendors. Alaina Huffman from Supernatural will be signing autographs on Saturday and Sunday.
8. 16-Bit Bar + Arcade - Located on S. 4th Street downtown, this bar-arcade offers free play on vintage arcade games as long as you keep your tab open.
9. Munchkin Inn at Origins - New this year! Steve Jackson Games is taking over the Crowne Plaza! There is a special room block with exclusive goodies from Munchkin artist John Kovalic and Steve Jackson Games. Free events are scheduled at the hotel with a special menu and guests! Call the Crowne Plaza to book your room or for more details 614-461-4100. Limited Availability.
10. Barley's Brewing Company - Located right across the street from the Convention Center, Barley's goes an e
xtra mile in welcoming Origins attendees. They brew many styles of ale, and generally have a batch brewed and named with Origins visitors in mind.