Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets, is located within the Arena District , a 95-acre planned development. The district features restaurants, nightclubs, the Arena Grand Theatre, Huntington Park (home of the Columbus Clippers) and the LC, an indoor/outdoor music hall.
Also, the Columbus Visitors Center is located just one block south of the arena. You can stop in to find out what else is going on while they're in town, get recommendations on restaurants and even purchase tickets to the game.
See the Arena District for yourself, before you get here:
Short North Arts District
The Short North Arts District is within walking distance of the arena, just north along High Street. It offers independent restaurants, bars, retail shops and art galleries. Just look for the lighted arches across High Street that mark the district.
Check it out by watching this video:
There are several hotels at varying price points within walking distance of the arena:
- Crown Plaza Columbus Downtown (official hotel of the Blue Jackets) Call the hotel directly at 614-461-4100 and ask for the CBJ rate. The special rate is $105 + taxes for a room, based upon availability.
- The Lofts (official hotel of the Blue Jackets) Call the hotel directly at 614-461-4100 and ask for the CBJ rate. The special rate is $125 + taxes for a room, based upon availability.
- Arena District Hyatt Regency
- Red Roof Inn Columbus Downtown
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center
- R Bar The R Bar is hockey-themed, and the official bar of the Jacket Backers Booster Club. It's just a few steps away from the Nationwide Arena doors.
- Barley’s Brewing Company Located in the Short North. Features award-winning ales brewed right on-premise, a casual atmosphere and great food. Try their famed sauerkraut balls.
- Elevator Brewery & Draught Haus Three blocks from Nationwide Arena. Historic location and handcrafted microbrews complement a menu of American fare with all-world influences.
- Boston’s, The Gourmet Pizza Right across from the arena, Boston's offers pasta, pizza, sandwiches, tacos burgers and more, all in a sports bar setting.
- Arena Grand Movie Theatre Catch a movie, dinner and a drink. This movie theater is across from the arena and has a restaurant and bar inside.
- The Big Bang A dueling piano bar next to the arena - music, comedy and audience participation combine for a fast-paced, high energy show.
- Another area fun for after the game is Park Street . Home to nearly a dozen bars and night clubs and also within walking distance of the arena.