Five Things Not to Miss During Columbus Pride Festival June 21-22!
June 4, 2013
Columbus is a great city for lesbian and gay travelers - if you need proof, make sure you visit during Pride - June 21-22! The whole city is full of things to see and do, but if you need to narrow it down, we picked five events this month to show you how diverse and creative the city's LGBT community is.
- The Parade: This exuberant celebration kicks off at noon on Sat., June 22, and marches the streets through downtown, the Short North and Goodale Park. Pro-tip: Order some takeout breakfast from Northstar Cafe and stake out a good spot on the sidewalks a couple hours ahead.
- Capital Pride Band: Catch this 70-piece band at 3:15 on Saturday, June 22, on the Gazebo Stage in Goodale Park.
- Comedy from Brooke Cartus: Brooke Cartus is a Columbus original. Comedian, blogger, lesbian, law student - and all around hilarious. Find her at 7:15 p.m. on Friday, June 21 on the Shelterhouse Stage in Goodale Park.
- Pride Film: This event is actually on June 12 at Studio 35, rather than during the Pride Festival, but this screening of "You Are Not Alone" comes complete with a Q&A session with the movie's producer.
- Columbus Gay Men's Chorus: With more than 90 singers, tons of enthusiasm and great energy, you won't want to miss them at 2:35 on Saturday, June 22 on the Gazebo Stage at Goodale Park.