This post is written by Maggie Mecklenborg, public relations intern for ExperienceColumbus. You can follow her on Twitter @MaggieMeck.
Spend a crisp autumn evening with your family strolling through Creepy Hallow, winding your way through Little Boo Maze and even exploring the frightfully delightful Little Boo Mansion at Boo at the Zoo at The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium! Held the weekends of Oct. 18-20 and 25-27, Boo at the Zoo is a “merry-not-scary” annual Halloween event that offers several rides and attractions for all ages. Boo at the Zoo is a great way to get the whole family out-and-about learning, spending quality time together and most of all having fun! Here are a few pointers for your visit:
1. Upon entering the zoo, discover a land of pumpkins everywhere you look! There are pumpkins up in trees, on the ground; even giant 15 foot inflatable Jack-O Lanterns! Also don’t forget to pick up the Boo at the Zoo Seek-n-Find. It is a great way to explore and find all the answers about the spookiest animals in the zoo.
2. All aboard the Creepy Hollow Express Train Ride! The whole family will love sitting back and traveling through Creepy Hollow to see all of the spooky-yet kooky scenes.
3. Let’s see some animals! Make sure to stop by Jungle Jack-O-Lantern’s Landing to meet some furry and feathery friends up close and personal on Saturday and Sunday. The bird show starts at 1 p.m. and the cat show starts at 3 p.m. Also don’t miss out on traveling to several different animal habitats and watch your furry friends get into the Halloween spirit by smashing pumpkins (only on Saturdays).
4. When the family starts to get hungry, try the delicious caramel apples and kettle corn. It will definitely get you tasting the flavors of fall.
5. Get into the spirit yourself! Dress your little boo up in their favorite Halloween costume and enjoy this fun-filled evening with them.