Holiday Shopping: Gifts for the Women in Your Life
December 13, 2011
This post is written by Sandi Combs, Marketing Coordinator for Experience Columbus. You can follow Sandi on Twitter @Sandi_ExpCols .
If you’re like me, shopping for the women on your gift list is easy. What’s not always easy is finding something that’s truly personalized or unique. Fortunately, Columbus has plenty of places where you can find a one-of-a-kind gift for all the women in your life, from your grandmother to your wife. Here are 9 of the best:
1. substance for FASHION CONSCIOUS PEOPLE (Short North) Substance has a beautiful array of sustainable clothing and accessories for the fashionista on your list. Check out the Design Lab to see the latest creations of the in-house fashion designers.
2. Tigertree (Short North) Tigertree is full of quirky and cute clothes and accessories by established and up-and-coming designers. They also carry items for the home and interesting knick-knacks. Penguin paperclips, anyone?
3. Pitaya (South Campus Gateway) Pitaya carries fashionable casual and “going-out” apparel for the teens and young adults you’re shopping for. Though the first store opened in Indiana, the Columbus location is just one of 17 in the entire U.S.
4. SoBo Style (Clintonville) SoBo specializes in “shabby-chic” home décor and gifts. You’re sure to find the perfect present for the girl who loves all things whimsical.
5. Caterina, Ltd. (German Village) Stop here to pick up something for the lover of all things European. This specialty store imports artisanal housewares from true European artisans. Their wares include German and Polish pottery, French linens and Vietri Italian Maiolica handcrafted ceramics.
6. Karavan Treasures from Turkey (Short North) You’ll feel like you’ve been transported to an authentic Bazaar in Istanbul when you visit Karavan. The beautiful rugs, lanterns and jewelry make great gifts.
7. Candle Lab (Multiple Locations) The Candle Lab features natural soy, hand-poured custom-fragrance candles. You could buy a pre-poured candle, but if you’re shopping for someone local, I suggest a gift card so she and a friend can fully experience this unique store and make their own custom creations.
8. On Paper (Short North) This retail shop sells luxurious stationary, elegant journals and many other unique handmade specialty paper items. You’ll find a great gift her for the woman who loves to write.
9. Le Chocoholique (Short North) For the foodie on your list, gift something indulgent. Here, you’ll find artisan chocolates, pastries, fresh-dipped berries, biscotti, wine, dessert cocktails, chocolate beer and more. What would you add to this list?