How to Enjoy the Upper Arlington Labor Day Arts Festival
August 16, 2012
If you love art, the outdoors and a deep sense of community, the Upper Arlington Labor Day Arts Festival , Sept. 3 only, is going to be right up your alley! Browse work form 200 artists while you enjoy a great summer day.
Annually, more than 25,000 visitors come to celebrate! And this year, the festival is celebrating Upper Arlington’s neighbor, Columbus’, 200th birthday! More than 200 pieces of art will be produced on-site in the art activities area, there will be 200 drummers in the Inner Peace Drum Circle, and there will be more than 200 performances treating audiences on two stages over the course of the festival.
To get the most out of this great event, here are some tips:
- Scope out the artists before you arrive. If you’re looking for a piece in a particular medium, check the festival’s web site to find out where those artists will be.
- Bring a bottle of water and sunscreen. It’s Labor Day weekend – it WILL be hot.
- Take time to enjoy the music – and bring a blanket to sit on.
- Are you going to buy a piece or two? That blanket can double as a protective wrap to keep your art safe until you get home.
- Enjoy the day! Take some time for a stroll along the Scioto River!