Turkey Specials for November
There’s more than one way to enjoy turkey this month! Many restaurants feature specialty items that recreate the flavors of a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. We rounded up a few favorites around Columbus:
- Dirty Frank’s Hot Dog Palace serves their Franksgiving dog from late October through early December. It’s a hot dog topped with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and scallions, with a side of cranberry sauce. It’s available in a vegan version, too!
- The November special at plant-based Eden Burger is the Thanksgiving Leftovers Burger: a tempeh patty with house-made stuffing, gravy and mashed potatoes. It goes perfectly with a pumpkin spice shake.
- Cosecha Cocina gets into the Thanksgiving spirit with a new dish: a locally sourced seared turkey breast with Oaxacan molé negro and toasted benne seeds.
Pre-order Your Thanksgiving
Many local restaurants and bakeries are offering pre-made Thanksgiving items, to make your meal prep easier:
- Both The Market Italian Village and The Crest Gastropub are featuring pre-made Thanksgiving feasts complete with turkey, charcuterie, deviled eggs, plenty of sides, rolls and pumpkin pie. Orders just need to be placed by Nov. 22.
- Cameron Mitchell Restaurants is again offering their Thanksgiving in a Box. The meal for 10 includes a brined and roasted turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, desserts and other items. They must be ordered by 5 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 21.
- Cravings Cafe is selling brioche dinner rolls, tomato goat cheese bisque and iced pumpkin cookies to supplement your Thanksgiving feast. They’re taking orders through Nov. 24.
- Thurn’s Specialty Meats offers a range of smoked meats like turkey, ham, duck, pheasant and salmon, as well as cured meats, stocks, cheeses and more.
- Many local bakeries bake pies and pastries that are perfect for your Thanksgiving table. Short North Piece of Cake whips up cookies, cakes and pies. Dough Mama is creating a variety of pies, including a grain-free vegan pumpkin pie. Fox in the Snow offers a full range of pies, too, and Sassafras Bakery lets you pre-order pies, tarts and cookies. They’re also offering pre-made pie crusts, croutons and breakfast items like quiche, cinnamon rolls, muffins, and scones.
- Ray Ray’s Hog Pit is serving pre-ordered Thanksgiving meals like smoked turkey, ham, or baby back ribs, plus mashed potatoes with gravy and green beans with pork. Orders need to be placed by Nov. 24 and can be picked up on Thanksgiving Day itself at their Clintonville and Westerville locations.