It's National Travel and Tourism Week...and we have giveaways!
May 11, 2010 by Meg
Do the dates May 8-16 ring a bell? No? Well, I’ll fill you in...it’s National Travel and Tourism Week!
Now, you may be thinking “Why should I care?” Here’s why: Visitors spend $7.23 billion annually in Central Ohio. And 62,000 people are employed in the tourism and hospitality industry. Pretty impressive, huh?
Some of you cynics out there may still be asking “Why should I care?” And I say to you this: You can win some really cool stuff! Experience Columbus is celebrating National Travel and Tourism Week by offering a chance to win one of three amazing packages.
With the first package, you and three others can:
- Cheer on the 2008 MLS Champs at a Columbus Crew game
- Enjoy the May flowers at Franklin Park Conservatory
- View historic motorcycles at AMA’s Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum
- See an Austrian M47 tank driven by Arnold Schwarzenegger at Motts Military Museum
- Learn through hands-on science interaction at COSI (voted #1 science center in the nation by Parents magazine)
- Cruise through Columbus with SegAway Tours of Columbus
- Watch a timeless film in the beautiful Ohio Theatre with the CAPA Summer Movie Series
- Shop at your favorite local merchant with your $20 North Market gift card.
- Eat your peanuts and crackerjacks at a Columbus Clippers game at Huntington Park (named ballpark of the year by Ballpark Digest and BaseballParks.com)
- View the new polar bear exhibit at Columbus Zoo and Aquarium (#1 zoo in America by USA Travel Guide)
- Lean back and enjoy a movie at the sophisticated Arena Grand Theatre
- Go on a shopping spree with your $50 gift card for Easton Town Center
Best of luck and Happy National Travel and Tourism Week!