This summer, we've got a brand new way to get out and explore downtown Columbus - we call it the Columbus Photo Challenge, and we're excited to launch it today!
Columbus doesn't have that single iconic landmark that some places have. The truth is, Columbus really doesn't need that single landmark - there are tons of spots to take beautiful and unique photos that capture the essence of the city. Next time you visit, you'll find that we've left some tips for you around downtown.
We partnered with some of our favorite local Instagrammers to show you 11 amazing spots to take postcard-worthy photos during your time here. We picked spots not just for their scenic beauty, but also for their proximity to great things to see, do, eat and drink. If you set out to find all 11, you'll walk away not only with a great photo series to remember your trip - you'll really get to know downtown Columbus.
Here's what to do:
- Find the spots with this map (zoom out once to see all 11 locations)
- Stand on the large iPhone-shaped sidewalk sticker at each location to get the same vantage point of the original photographer
- Snap a creative photo that puts your own spin on the subject - add people, props, take a selfie!
- Share your photo to Twitter or Instagram using #expcols
- Throughout the summer we'll be randomly surprising participants with Columbus goodies!