After two successful years, the DIY commandos behind Independents' Day are all set for Saturday, Sept. 18, when thousands of folks will enjoy an all-day block party on Gay Street, Pearl and Lynn Alleys.
In addition to 200 art, craft, food, and small business vendors, this free event features 50 bands on four stages, live theater, dancers and street performers.
Some of what you'll see at Independents' Day 2010:
- A new mobile art show presented by the Couchfire Collective
- Artist booths courtesy of Ohio Art League and ARTillery Ohio
- Live art creation by Franklinton's Urban Scrawl
- A "yardless" sale hosted by the Downtown Resident Area Commission
- Thousands of dollars worth of local business gift cards being raffled by the Small Business Beanstalk
- Unique handmade goods by more than 25 local artists and designers
- Cooking classes and urban farming education sessions hosted by Local Matters
- A 24-hour collective theater project by Wild Goose Creative in conjunction with seven other local theater companies
To feed your appetite, the restaurants of Dine Originals Columbus will make up the event's food court. Participating restaurants include Barrio, Cotter's Restaurant, Due Amici, G. Michael's, Skillet Rustic Urban Food, Tip Top Kitchen & Cocktails and Trattoria Roma.
For all the details, including Independents' Day vendors, schedules, activities and volunteer opportunities, visit their website .