Top Five Scenic Drives in Central Ohio
June 23, 2013
This post is written by Jason Parks, content editor with SafeAuto Insurance.
When you’re putting together your road trip wish-list for this summer, make sure you keep some of our favorite scenic drives in mind! Make sure you keep your eyes on the road, but do steal some glances at these great views:
- Take a drive down 70 West and look north at the highway crosses State Rte. 315, for one of the most beautiful views in Columbus.
- Drive down High Street and through the Short North as soon as the sun sets and you’ll see a bustling street with tons of action and beautiful lights lining the road. While the traffic might be heavy on the weekend, it’ll be worth the wait for the diverse groups of people you’ll see dining and shopping.
- Head eastbound on I-670 for another amazing view of downtown Columbus. It proves that the capital city of Ohio just keeps growing and getting better!
- If you must leave Columbus, try Route 33, which will take you through the Hocking Hills and all the way to Athens.
- And of course, there’s nothing more beautiful to a Columbus resident than driving through OSU’s campus and seeing to take a look at the famous football stadium (if you can get there on a game day and see the sea of red flocking to the stadium, well that’s just a bonus!). The urban campus feel will make you wish you were 20 years old all over again.