Zoom to Boom with COTA!
June 28, 2013
On July 3, 2013, ride COTA downtown and watch the Red, White and BOOM! fireworks show from inside Huntington Park. Not only will you have the best seat in the house to view the show, but let COTA handle the driving and stress of traffic and parking downtown.
In addition to extended service on regular lines, COTA has seven Park and Ride locations offering Express service to downtown between 5:30p and 8:30p. The bus will drop riders off near Huntington Park. Show your COTA Park & Ride wristband to get into the ballpark for free. Huntington Park activities include live entertainment by McGuffey Lane and Phil Dirt and the Dozers, face painting for kids, inflatable games, and more. Concession stands will be open.
After the fireworks, buses will leave Downtown between 10:45 p.m. and midnight from designated Red, White and BOOM! boarding zones. Boarding zones can be found here, or ask any COTA employees wearing Red, White and BOOM! t-shirts.
The Park and Ride locations are:
- Crosswoods - #32 Crosswoods Express - 7460 Huntington Park Dr., at Crosswoods Center, northeast of (I-270 and N. High St.)
- Dublin - #58 Dublin Express - 4450 Dale Dr., northeast of U.S. 33/SR 161
- Gahanna- #41 Gahanna Express - Agler Rd. and Stygler Rd., northwest corner on Agler Rd. at the southern end of the Royal Plaza Shopping Center
- Grove City- #64 Grove City Express - 2321 Old Stringtown Rd., southwest corner of Stringtown Rd. and Parkmead Dr.
- Olentangy/Bethel - #62 Olentangy/Bethel Express - 4990 Olentangy River Rd., southeast corner of Bethel Rd. and Olentangy River Rd.
- Reynoldsburg - #45 Reynoldsburg - 2100 Birchview Dr., near Birchview Dr. and Eastgreen Blvd.
- Westerville - #36 Annehurst - 312 W. Main St., east of Cleveland Ave. on the north side of W. Main St.
- $5.50 - Adult
- $2.00 - Children 48” tall and over through the age of 12, Senior/Key/ADA ID card holders
Tips for bringing strollers on COTA:
- COTA is happy to accommodate strollers when bus operators feel there is plenty of space to keep everyone safe.
- Move toward the back of the bus, place children in seats or in your lap and fold up strollers. Strollers should not be left in the aisle.
- Be sure to remember that seats in the front of the bus are for seniors and those with disabilities.