Ohio Dominican University will welcome local university athletic leaders and experts at its fourth annual “A Life and Career in Sports” event on Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2018. The free event will take place at 6 p.m. on the lower level of the Bishop James A. Griffin Student Center, which is located on ODU’s campus at 1216 Sunbury Rd., Columbus, 43219.
The event will feature a panel discussion that includes:
• Diana Sabau – Executive Associate Athletics Director, The Ohio State University
• Janine Oman – Deputy Director of Athletics, The Ohio State University
• Ericka Hoon – Assistant Athletic Director for Event Management, The Ohio State University
• Kim Doran – Senior Associate Director of Instructional Support Services, The Ohio State University
• Kristy McCray, Ph.D. – Assistant Professor of Sport Management, Otterbein University
• Kate Cummings – Adjunct Professor of Sport Management, Ohio Dominican University and Former Head Women’s Basketball Coach, University of Findlay
• Kate Riffee, Ph.D. – Adjunct Professor of Sport Management, Ohio Dominican University and President of Riffee Consulting, LLC
“We’re excited to welcome this group of university athletic leaders and academics as they share their experiences, insight and observations of athletics, particularly at the intercollegiate level,” said Jim Strode, Ph.D., dean of Graduate Studies at ODU. “This is a wonderful opportunity for students to learn more about the growing athletics industry and the many career opportunities available.”
Attendees are invited to network and enjoy complimentary refreshments prior to the panel discussion.
To register, visit ohiodominican.edu/SportCareer.
The event is sponsored by ODU’s Office of Graduate Admissions and its Master of Science in Sport Management program.
Ohio Dominican University is a comprehensive, four-year, private, liberal arts and master’s institution, founded in 1911 in the Catholic and Dominican tradition by the Dominican Sisters of Peace. The University has approximately 1,700 students and offers undergraduate degrees in 40 majors and nine graduate degree programs. At ODU, students connect their passion with a purpose.