Come celebrate Ohio's archaeological wonders with the Ohio History Connection! Ohio is home to some of the most important archaeological sites in North America. From the human-made heights of giant ancient American Indian earthworks to the depths of Lake Erie where shipwrecks lie, Ohio archaeology has something for everyone. Each year, archaeological investigations in the field and lab provide new and exciting information on our archaeological heritage.
- Bring your archaeological artifacts for free identification
- See artifacts spanning more than 10,000 years
- Craft replicas of American Indian pottery
- Try your hand at atlatl spear throwing
- Learn how ancient Ohioans made stone tools
- Meet archaeologists
- Participate in a "mock dig"