be MOVED is a mixed-rep ballet. Mixed-rep ballets are several unrelated short ballets with intermissions, similar to a collection of short stories.
What you’ll see in be MOVED
1st Ballet: Red Angels
- Choreographed by Ulysses Dove– his brother lives here in Columbus!
- Features an electric violin onstage – fun fact, there is only one person in the world allowed to perform this piece live for the ballet (and we got her!)
- Extremely athletic, this ballet showcases our dancers perfectly!
2nd Ballet: CACTI
- Choreographer, Alex Ekman said the work was his way of getting his own back with supercilious critics who dissected and dismissed some of his early pieces.
- Features a string quartet live on stage
- Quirky, upbeat, fun and funny
3rd Ballet: TBA – A World Premiere
- Be the first to witness a brand new never before seen ballet!
- Choreographed by the amazing Annabelle Lopez-Ochoa