Become a Belt Sander Champion! Race for woodshop glory and prizes during the Idea Foundry's Winter Open House or come to enjoy the spectacle that is belt sander racing, Maker Market and workshop bizarre. Prizes for the fastest and the most holiday spirit ride! PLUS don't miss our mini reindeer race at halftime where foundry shop dogs will be racing for Rudolph!
There will be plenty of family-friendly activities to enjoy throughout the day at the Idea Foundry including, giant yard games, hands-on gift-making stations, workshop demos, snacks, and beverages!
$10 Registration Fee
- First Place Fastest- $100
- Second Place Fastest- $50
- Most Creative Ride- $25
A jury will vote for the most holiday spirit based on physical appearance of the belt sander. Get creative and decorate or design a festive belt sander!
- Belt sanders race down a 75-foot long track in two channels. Heats will be organized by single elimination and a first line up drawling.
- CANNOT change or affect the working mechanics, such as the belt drive and gears.
- Has to be no wider than 7”
- only 110v-115v must have a plug
- Must provide own belts
Practice is from 11am-1pm
Races begin at 2:30pm