A juried jewelry exhibition.
June 13 - July 28, 2019
The Smithery: artist made goods
Thank you for your interest in applying to our Second Annual Spring Juried Exhibition. We invite you to apply with your interpretation of this year's exhibition theme: Luminous.
We are looking for examples of contemporary, forward thinking jewelry that considers and interprets the theme of Luminous in an original way. Work can be in a variety of materials and styles and may be any wearable form (necklace, brooch, ring, bracelet, earrings, etc). Artwork will be displayed in the shop and online in order to promote within not only our city, but to share the work more broadly.
Application Deadline: May 11, 11:59pm EST
Notification Date: May 15
Work Delivered Deadline: May 31
Opening Reception: June 13
Closing Date: July 28
- Applicants may submit between 1-4 individual works. Each must be a wearable piece of art jewelry, an original design by the artist, and demonstrate proficiency in their craft.
- Each item must be available for sale and in the range of $50-800 retail.
- Application must be submitted with the actual work to be exhibited and the work must be available for the full duration of the exhibition.
- Objects must be photographed on a plain white background and submitted in jpg format no larger than 1MB each. The Smithery may request higher resolution images of specific pieces following the notification date to include in our show promotions.
- Name each file in the following format: Lastname_Firstname_1.jpg, Lastname_Firstname_2.jpg, etc.
- A $15 application fee is due prior to deadline. Applications will not be considered without a completed payment. Find a link at the bottom of the page after the application form.
Any number of the pieces submitted by an individual artist may be selected for inclusion in the exhibition. If work arrives and does not match the images on the application, we reserve the option to not include it in the exhibition.
PAYMENT & SHIPPING INFORMATION:
Artist is responsible for shipping work to and from the exhibition. We will be in contact with the artist at the end of the exhibition to arrange shipping details for any unsold work. Artists will be paid 50% of the retail price of any sold items. This payment will be sent to the address on the application, along with any unsold work, at the conclusion of the exhibition, no later than August 15.
By submitting your application, you agree to the terms outlined above. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks, we are excited to see your work!