Join the master butchers and sausage makers of The Butcher & Grocer in the 1400 Food Lab kitchens and learn to cut, grind, season, and case your own sausage using all Ohio-grown pork. Each student will take home approximately 10 pounds of freshly-made sausage. Enjoy a sausage sandwich, chips and beverage upon arrival!
- Participants will be expertly coached through all stages of sausage creation:
- break down and de-bone a whole pork shoulder
- learn ideal fat-to-lean proportions
- custom grind and season their sausage - Maple Breakfast and Polish Sausage
- stuff into all-natural hog casings
- package for freezer or take-home
This class is limited to 12 participants. Sausage does not contain dairy, wheat or nuts. No vegan or vegetarian options available.