No Ordinary Love: paintings by Dean Preston

5/10/19

7:00 PM to 10:00 PM

The Vanderelli Room

218 McDowell St., Columbus, OH 43215

(614) 403-4689

Get Details

Details

“No Ordinary Love” is the discovery of light in one of the darkest of places... exhibition statement from the artist, TBA. 


Dean Preston is an inmate at Marion Correctional Institution. We met in 2016 during a collaboration project between artists based in Columbus, and artists in MCI. We have communicated consistently over the last two years via jpay using email, photos, videograms and speaking on the phone. Dean is in prison for murder. This violent crime occurred 20 years ago. I have faith in him and his rehabilitation and this is why I have chosen to exhibit his work. 30% of proceeds from this exhibition will go to The Vanderelli Room and the remaining 70% will be donated to an community organization of Dean’s choosing. -aj Vanderelli