ATTENTION MARATHOID NATION! For years now, you've been asking us "When are you going to bring Joe Bob Briggs back to Columbus?" And "What the heck does SPACEBOY mean, anyway?" Well, on March 9th, we'll be answering both questions! Yes, JOE BOB BRIGGS, the world's foremost drive-in movie critic, legendary host of TNT's MONSTERVISION, and current host of Shudder's THE LAST DRIVE-IN, will be our Guest of Honor at the 36th Annual Ohio 24-Hour Science Fiction Marathon (March 9th-10th at the Drexel Theatre)! Joe Bob will be introducing a veritable space vampire double feature of Curtis Harrington's 1966 cult classic QUEEN OF BLOOD(starring John Saxon, Dennis Hopper, Basil Rathbone, and the one and only Florence Marly, whose SPACEBOYis a spiritual sequel to this film), and Tobe Hooper's absolutely bonkers intergalactic bloodsucker apocalypse epic LIFEFORCE! He'll also have a Q+A with the audience, and a meet and greet after the films.
PLUS! In honor of the Big G's imminent return to the big screen, we're proud to FINALLY present the acclaimed restoration of the original 1954 Japanese cut of GODZILLA (in glorious black and white)!
AND! We're pleased to announce the MIDWEST PREMIERE of THE MAN WITH THE MAGIC BOX, the acclaimed Polish time travel thriller from director Bodo Cox. Bouncing between the Poland of 1950 and its dystopian doppleganger of 2030, it's drawn comparisons to the works of Steven Spielberg, Terry Gilliam, and Andrei Tarkovsky!
ALSO! The MIDWEST PREMIERE of STARFISH, the post-apocalyptic festival hit that has been called "A beautiful, emotional, weird, and fascinating movie" (i09) and "Ethereal, alluring, post-apocalyptic horror" (Slash/Film).
- Richard Dreyfuss, Teri Garr, and Francois Truffaut(!) in Steven Spielberg's all-time classic CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND
- An alien invasion of a decidedly different sort in the 1986 cult favorite CRITTERS (in glorious 35mm)
- Back by popular demand, it's "Rowdy" Roddy Piper in John Carpenter's perennial fave (and seemingly perennially relevant) THEY LIVE
- Chris Evans in Bong Joon-Ho's epic thriller SNOWPIERCER
- Neil Marshall's criminally underrated post-apocalyptic thrill ride DOOMSDAY
- PHASE IV, the sole directorial effort of legendary graphic designer Saul Bass, and the best "ants take over the world" movie ever
Plus GRAVITY, DUCK DODGERS, 35mm trailers and shorts, the 36th Annual Costume Contest (w/$100 first prize), the thrill of falling asleep in front of the Marathoid faithful, caffeine-induced dementia, and much more!
Tickets continue to sell at a record rate, and we expect to SELL OUT IN ADVANCE, so don't delay in reserving your spot at the Drexel, Laughing Ogre Comics - High Street (CASH ONLY), or via PayPal on the Tickets page.
Tickets for SF36 are $45 in advance and $50 at the door. Tickets are available for purchase at:
-The Drexel Theater (2254 E. Main St.)
-Laughing Ogre Comics (CASH ONLY - 4258 N. High St.)
-Via Paypal on the Tickets page
KLAATU BARADA OHIO!!!