Create your own set of stained glass ornaments in this special holiday class.
You will use basic stained glass tools like a glass cutter, grinder, and a soldering iron to make a set of stained glass holiday themed ornaments from scratch. You will also learn what goes into designing your own stained glass panels for a cohesive set of ornaments for your own tree or to give as gifts.
Instructor Kara O'Dea
Beginner friendly, but comfort around sharp tools recommended
- Cutting & grinding glass safely and precisely
- Soldering glass pieces together
- Stained glass design basics
- IF glass cutter & grinder, IF soldering station
- (Idea Foundry workshop members who have taken this class are cleared for independent use of these tools in the shop. Learn more about membership here.)
Pairs Well With
- For another beginner friendly stained glass project, check out the window hanging class.
Plan Your Visit
All materials and safety equipment supplied. Students are required to wear closed-toe shoes and long pants to participate, and sturdy footwear (e.g. tennis shoes or boots) is recommended. Natural fiber clothing is recommended (e.g. cotton, denim). Plan to arrive for class about 10-15 min early and check in at the front desk. Our main entrance is on State Street, with parking lot entrance on State St. as well. IF parking and street parking available.
Idea Foundry Member: $65
Non Member: $75