This workshop will give practical knowledge of the vacuum forming machine in the Idea Foundry metal shop and basic design that allows plastic parts to be produced. Gain understanding of the physical properties of how the heated & stretched plastic works so you can produce better tool & die.
What you get:
- Information packet showing machine basics and tool design discussed in class.
- The packet will contain machine instructions, Illustrations, and suggestions on troubleshooting your design.
- Each participant will take home a plastic Vac-Formed shell created during the class.
What you bring:
- Whatever you need to take notes
- Any drawings you have of parts that you want to create so that we can use them as a learning tool for the other participants (not required)
Who should take this class:
Anyone who wants to produce plastic forms for hobby items (soap, concrete, decor/garden, etc.) up to production-quality product parts. No experience is needed in tool design, though previous familiarity/experience or comfort with large machinery is preferred.
Non Member - $80