Mad River Mountain is Ohio's Largest Winter Resort
We are located only a short drive from Columbus, Dayton, and Lima in Zanesfield, OH. The resort opened in 1962 and 2016/2017 will mark our 55th season of operation. In addition to the most expansive skiable terrain in the state, Mad River Mountain is home to Ohio's largest snowmaking system. Our 120+ fan guns have the ability to pump over 7000 gallons of water per minute, covering 100% of our terrain in as little as 72 hours. This ensures that no matter what your backyard looks like, ours is white.
Which is why we say at Mad River Mountain, "Every day is a snow day!"
- 1,460 ft. mountain elevation
- 300 ft. vertical drop
- 144 skiable acres
- 20 Trails
- 12 lifts including 6 chair lifts, 2 handle tows, 1 rope tows, and 3 surface carpet lifts
- 4 Terrain Parks (one for all abilities) including#1 Midwest Park Capital Park
FACILITY FEATURES: BRAND NEW BASE LODGE!
- Ski and Snowboard School Learning Center
- National Ski Patrol
- Avalanche Tubing Park - Ten - 1000' Lanes (Ohio's Largest Tubing Park)
- Slopeside Equipment Rental
- One NEW Base Lodges (Ski Resort and Avalanche Tubing Park)
- Live Music select Saturday Nights
- Brand New Retail Shop called The Den
- Day & New Seasonal Lockers
- Vending Machines