Valter’s at the Maennerchor is a casual, German inspired restaurant with a modern menu, draft bier selection and full bar. Valter's is located in the Maennerchor's cozy German Heritage Haus at the crossroads of historic German Village, Merion Village, and the Brewery District.
The Columbus Maennerchor was founded in 1848 as a men's chorus by 12 German immigrants eager to preserve the music and memories of their homeland. Through the years, a women's chorus, the Damenchor, and a children's chorus, the Kinderchor have been added. The Columbus Maennerchor is the oldest active German singing society in the United States. Tuesday's choir practice in the dining room at Valter's is open for all to enjoy.
The restaurant was founded by Valter Veliu, whose cooking and management style won over Werner Niehaus, president of the Maennerchor’s board of directors.
Valter's menu consists of house made, traditional German and European cuisine with a modern twist, along with German and American inspired sandwiches.
The brunch menu, served on the weekends, consists of everything from prime rib and eggs to scratch-made Belgian waffles. Several of the dishes, including, the breakfast hangover and corned beef & hash are served in the cast iron skillets they are prepared in.
Reservations are recommended. Large parties are welcome, and private dining and meeting rooms are also available for your special event needs.
- Distance to Airport (Miles): 9.1
- Distance to Convention Center (Miles): 2.1
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Dog Friendly Comments: Our patio is dog friendly
- Description Valter's at the Maennerchor has three distinct areas that can be used for events. Our lounge consists of a bar and several tvs to watch any sporting event. Our dining room is private and can accommodate up to 60 guests. We also have a small meeting room on the second floor for a smaller group of 10-15 guests.
- Max Capacity 0
Semi-private Dining area
- Capacity Range 51-100
- Dates Available 8/12/2019, 08/10/2019, 08/11/2019, 8/13/2019
- Banquet Capacity: 60
Upstairs Board Room
- Capacity Range 0-25
- Dates Available 8/12/2019, 08/11/2019, 08/10/2019, 8/13/2019
- Notes Free Rental
- Banquet Capacity: 20