Why Meet in Columbus
For a truly unforgettable experience, the time to book in Columbus is now. Here are the top 10 reasons to do so:
1. Columbus has plenty of space: Newly renovated 1.8-million-sq.-ft. Greater Columbus Convention Center offers 373,000 sq. ft. of contiguous exhibit space, 75 meeting rooms and three ballrooms. The center is connected to 2,250 ballrooms downtown with 4,250 rooms in downtown Columbus.
2. Columbus is easy to get to: Centrally located Columbus is within 550 miles of nearly half the nation’s population, just a one-day’s drive or one-hour flight.
3. Columbus is easy to get around: The city’s compact convention package offers facilities, hotels, dining and entertainment options all within walking distance of one another. For those who don’t care to walk, free transportation is conveniently available throughout downtown.
4. Columbus visitors have distinct experiences: The Greater Columbus Convention Center sits at the center of the “Five on High” neighborhoods, each offering distinct experiences at many only-in-Columbus venues and facilities.
5. Columbus offers access to business and intellectual capital: As the winners of the $40 million Department of Transportation Smart City Challenge, Ohio’s capital city also provides groups proximity to powerful government leaders; leading research institutions such as Battelle, the world’s largest contract R&D organization; and five Fortune 500 companies, as well as the highest concentration of Fortune 1000 companies (15) in the country.
6. Columbus continues to grow: As the fastest-growing Midwest city, numerous developments across the city continue to show an investment in the meetings industry.
7. Columbus is a green and clean city: With 253 acres of downtown greenspace and an indoor hydroponic Smartfarm at the convention center, sustainable meetings are part of the Columbus’ DNA.
8. Columbus provides a destination-wide culture of quality service: An award-winning convention services team, 4,000 Certified Tourism Ambassadors (CTAs) and Experience Dedicated® Destination (EDD) accreditation ensure all groups will experience superior visitor satisfaction in Columbus.
9. Columbus has culinary star power: Columbus is home to restaurateur Cameron Mitchell and the James Beard Award-winning cookbook author Jeni Britton Bauer, the mind behind Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams.
10. Columbus is having its time in the spotlight: ASAE chose Columbus to host the 2019 Annual Meeting & Exposition, and Airbnb, TripAdvisor and Orbitz have all recently named it a top destination to visit.