Short North Stage is Columbus' new professional theatrical company, located in the historic Garden Theater in Columbus’ Short North Arts District. It offers theatrical productions and cabaret acts throughout the year. Programs range from musical theater to comedy, dance and popular music and feature the best artistic talent of the region and beyond. Check the schedule at www.shortnorthstage.org or on facebook. Call 614-725-4042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More About the Garden Theater:
The Garden Theater opened in 1920 as the premier showcase north of downtown on High Street. Originally a vaudeville and movie emporium, the Garden anchored the neighborhood just south of Fifth Avenue. Over the last 90 years, the theater has served as a silent movie house, a burlesque, and a church to name just a few. Short North Stage has taken up residence and will be renovating the historic theater and helping to reinvigorate the north end of the Short North.
- Distance to Airport (Miles): 6.5
- Distance to Convention Center (Miles): 1
- Description The Garden Theater, in the heart of the Short North arts district, has three spaces for rental: The Main Stage, The Green Room, and Ethel's Lounge. The entire building can also be rented as whole, which includes use of the inner and outer lobbies as well.
- Largest Room 110
- Space Notes One of the coolest spaces in the Short North that is available for rental! We have multiple spaces, audio/visual equipment at your disposal, a fully stocked bar, easy access for caterers, actors and singers for your event, and a prime location.
- Theatre Capacity 192
- Max Capacity 0
- Classroom Capacity 75
- Capacity Range 26-50
- Dates Available 8/12/2019, 08/11/2019, 08/10/2019, 8/13/2019
- Banquet Capacity: 40
- Capacity Range 51-100
- Dates Available 8/12/2019, 08/10/2019, 08/11/2019, 8/13/2019
- Banquet Capacity: 70
- Capacity Range 151-500
- Dates Available 8/13/2019, 08/10/2019, 08/11/2019, 8/12/2019
- Notes Mondays-Wednesdays
- Banquet Capacity: 200