The Greater Columbus Convention & Visitors Bureau d.b.a. Experience Columbus considers your privacy to be of utmost importance. Any information you provide to experiencecolumbus.com is considered private and will never be given, sold or leased to other companies unless clearly stated on the page on which the information is requested.
On this website we collect demographic data from Google's Interest-based advertising with Google Analytics. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the ads setting. Here is Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Personal Information Collected
If you have agreed to receive e-mail updates from us on special promotions, we will contact you periodically with special offers, announcements and discounted rates. Each time we contact you, you have the option to unsubscribe and not receive any further offers from us. No personal information collected will be shared with businesses or organizations to help them contact consumers for marketing purposes.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Experience Columbus is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. Be aware when you leave our site and pay attention to the privacy statements of each subsequent Web site. This privacy statement applies solely to experiencecolumbus.com.
In compliance with the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we may rely upon one or more legal bases defined in the GDPR to collect, use, share, and otherwise process the personal information of individuals located in the EU (“EU subjects”), including where:
- necessary to perform a contract we have with you and to provide the services;
- you have consented to the processing (in which case you may revoke your consent at any time);
- necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- necessary to protect your vital interests or those of others;
- necessary in the public interest; and
- necessary for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interests, provided that those interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Where we collect, use, disclose and otherwise process your information based on legitimate interests, we may rely on the following interests:
- Provision of our services: We use your information to pursue our clients and other impacted individuals’ legitimate interests in obtaining and/or benefitting from our services, as well as our interests in providing our services.
- Keeping our services safe and secure: We use your information in certain instances as necessary to pursue our and your legitimate interests of keeping some of our services, such as our domains, websites, apps, offices and events, safe and secure. For example, we collect IP addresses and process log files to ensure our website and apps are not subject to fraudulent access.
- Marketing our services: We use your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in marketing our services. For example, where permitted by digital marketing law we may contact you by email to let you know of future events you might be interested in.
- Providing, improving and developing the services: We use your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in tailoring and improving our services. For example, if we have served you in the past, we may send you a survey or questionnaire to understand your experience in obtaining legal services from us.
- Providing seamless services with our affiliates: In some cases, the our services require the engagement of, or sharing of your information with, other companies affiliated with us.
If you are located in the EU, under certain circumstances, you may have certain legal rights under the GDPR, including:
- To access the personal data we maintain about you
- To receive information about how we process your personal data
- To correct your personal data
- To have your personal data erased
- To object to or restrict how we process your personal data
- To request your personal data be transferred to a third party
- To withdraw any consent you may have given us to process your personal data
To exercise the above rights, please contact us at the information provided below. We will consider and process your request within a reasonable period of time. Please be aware under certain circumstances, the GDPR may limit your exercise of these rights.