Diversity Apprenticeship Program (DAP)
Racially diverse talent and leadership are vastly underrepresented in the travel and hospitality industry. In an effort to create more leadership pathways for people of color, Experience Columbus and the Greater Columbus Sports Commission, in collaboration with Tourism Diversity Matters, will be launching the Diversity Apprenticeship Program this fall. The Diversity Apprenticeship Program will provide a paid, hands-on, on-the-job experience for people who identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, Person of Color) to work across multiple departments (i.e., guest services, event planning, marketing, sales, finance, etc.) in travel industry organizations. Upon successfully completing 600 working hours, over a period of six months, the apprentice(s) will be offered a full-time, manager-level position or higher, at one of the participating partner locations.
To apply for the Diversity Apprenticeship Program the applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Self-identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, Person of Color)
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Provide an official/unofficial copy of their high school/GED or college transcript
- Commit to 600 working hours (not to exceed six (6) months)
- Availability to start mid-September, work 30-40 hours per week, and the ability to work Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Adhere to the organizational policies and procedures of Experience Columbus and any additional participating partners
- Have an interest in the hospitality/travel/tourism sector
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
Interested individuals can apply for the program at this link. The Deadline to apply is Friday, September 3rd!
|Potential candidates will complete a phone and in-person interview.|
|If selected, the apprentice will be asked to complete a background check.|
|Apprentice is hired by Experience Columbus, but works most of their hours in one host location for 6 months, or 2 host locations for 3 months each, or 3 host locations for 2 months each, while earning $17/hour.|
|Upon successful completion of the program the apprentice will be offered a full-time, manager-level position or higher, at one of the participating partner locations.|
The application window for this cohort is closed. Come back later this fall as we recruit our second round of apprentices!