Spring is finally here and the sun is shining, which means it’s the perfect time to turn off your laptop, step away from the office and enjoy a few days in the city. Whether you’re craving a sunset dinner on a patio, a relaxing day at the spa, or a little spring cleaning and redecorating, there are a wide variety of options right here in Columbus.
We’ve rounded up a list of the hottest spring break essential items, locales and activities from local Columbus businesses.
Salons and Spas | Sweet Treats | Home Cleaning + Decorating | Shopping | Patios | Outdoor Activities | Hotels
Is there anything better than a day at the spa? We certainly don’t think so. As the weather gets warmer, show yourself some love for having persevered through the last year at one of these local salons/spas.
- Mukha Spa – Makeup and brows
- Oasis Face Bar – Facials
- PENZONE Salon – Hair, nails and massage
- Deka Lash Columbus – Lashes
Something Sweet and Refreshing
Warm days call for cool treats, like ice cream, smoothies or a chilled glass of white wine with a fresh charcuterie spread. Try one of these delicious, local options to satisfy your tastebuds.
- Kilwin’s – Caramel, Chocolate & Ice Cream
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams – Ice Cream
- Winan’s German Village – Cold brews and chocolates
- Wine on High – Wine
- North Country Charcuterie – Charcuterie
- Native Cold Pressed – Juice and smoothies
Spring Cleaning and Home Décor
The spring season is all about fresh, clean beginnings. If your space needs a little TLC, brighten it up with locally hand-crafted products. From candles and essential oils to plants and home décor, it’s amazing how far a few small changes can go!
- Penn and Beach – Candles, room sprays, body scrubs and more
- Glenn Ave. Soap Company – Natural soaps and skincare products
- Tiki Botanicals – Essential oils, candles and more
- STUMP – Plants
- Fortin Ironworks – Home décor
- Koko The Shop – Sustainable household items
- Boomerang Room – Vintage antique furniture
Shop 'Til You Drop
Spring is the perfect time for a wardrobe overhaul. Treat yourself to some new clothes, books and accessories from local boutiques.
- The Optical Co. – Sunglasses
- Red Giraffe Designs – Jewelry
- Prologue Bookshop – Books
- The Book Loft – Books
- Tigertree – Apparel, gifts and more
- Samson Men’s Emporium – Men’s clothing and grooming products
- Rowe – Women’s clothing and accessories
- Vernacular - Women's apparel, gifts and kitchen items
Can't Miss Patios
Temperatures are rising and patios are open! From skyline views to local brews, these patios are some of the best in the city. Grab your friends and head out to happy hour this spring!
- Goodale Station Rooftop – Downtown
- Milestone 229 – Downtown
- Land-Grant Brewing – Franklinton
- Barcelona – German Village
- Lindey’s – German Village
- Grandview Cafe – Grandview
- Lincoln Social Rooftop – Short North Arts District
- Seventh Son Brewing – Italian Village
Explore the Outdoors
If your body is craving some fresh air and Vitamin D, you’re not alone. Don’t let the sunshine and warm weather pass you by without getting outside. Columbus has so many parks, trails and outdoor activities for you to explore.
- ZipZone Outdoor Adventures
- Franklin Park Conservatory & Botanical Gardens
- Columbus Zoo
- Park of Roses
- Topiary Park
Explore more outdoor activities here!
No staycation is complete without accommodations and Columbus is home to unique properties ready to help you relax and unwind.