COVID-19 Travel Alerts and Information
As Ohio begins to reopen and release orders from Governor DeWine and Dr. Amy Acton, many businesses are able to reopen if specific guidelines are followed to ensure employee and customer safety. There are things you can do to get back to work and to visit these businesses to continue to help to flatten the curve of COVID-19.
- May 1:
- Doctor and veterinarian offices can reopen
- Manufacturing, distribution and construction companies can reopen
- May 5: General office environments can reopen
- May 12: Retail shops and services can reopen
- May 15:
- Hair salons, barber shops, nail salons can reopen
- Restaurants and bars can open dining on patios
- May 21:
- Restaurants and bars can open inside dining
- Campgrounds can reopen
- May 22:
- Horse racing can resume (no spectators)
- May 26:
- Public and club pools can reopen
- Sports leagues (no and limited contact) can resume)
- Gyms and fitness centers are permitted to reopen
- May 31:
- Childcare centers can reopen
- Continued closures:
- All events and large gatherings with more than 50 attendees are still cancelled, pursuant to the order from the Ohio Department of Health. We strongly recommend you check with event organizers if you have questions about cancellation and/or refunds.
- Attractions, bowling alleys, casinos, public recreation centers, movie theaters, indoor water parks and trampoline parks are closed.
Use these Columbus backgrounds on your next virtual meeting to inspire your next trip to Columbus.
Experience Columbus Visitor Centers
Until further notice, Experience Columbus visitor centers are closed. During normal business hours, our staff are available to take calls (614-221-6623) with visitor and business questions, and we are available via the LiveChat feature located at the bottom right corner of this screen.
Redemptions for Columbus Ale Trail, Columbus Coffee Experience and Made in Cbus Trail:
During this period of closure, we want to let you know that visitors to our area can virtually redeem your trails. If you are a central Ohio resident, we would ask that you wait until we reopen our doors to serve you.
Please email Alexis Perrone at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
A list of the businesses visited
An image of the stamped trail guide page or pages
When we return to our offices we will send you your prizes.
Columbus Ale Trail participants can continue to redeem their books at The Ohio Tap Room, 1291 W. 3rd Ave., Columbus, OH 43212. This is for redemption points 4, 23 and finishers.
Thank you so much for your understanding. We hope you continue to support local business during this turbulent time.
What is Experience Columbus doing to slow the spread of Coronavirus?
Experience Columbus and Greater Columbus Sports Commission are committed to growing our Travel Economy, however, the health and well-being of our community, visitors and team are a priority. With the outbreak of the coronavirus, or COVID-19, we are taking precautionary steps to flatten the COVID-19 curve by cancelling all travel and working from remote locations until further notice. This is being done as a preventative measure out of an abundance of caution, and the expectation is that daily operations, though altered, will not be interrupted.
Capitalizing on Columbus’ strengths as a forward-thinking city, we continue to “Live Forward” to help rebuild Columbus’ economy and support the local community during the COVID-19 crisis. As the state of Ohio slowly begins the process to reopen, Central Ohio businesses are making the Live Forward pledge, a signed commitment to assure customers and guests that they are following all health and safety guidelines set forth by state and local health officials and relevant industry organizations for properly reopening during the COVID-19 pandemic
Our team will continue to monitor the situation in conjunction with our state, city and county health officials as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Know that we are still hard at work to secure and maintain business for our community and are here to support our partners in any way we can through these periods of uncertainty.
We will keep you informed of any additional changes in operation as this rapidly changing public health situation continues. Thank you for your support as we navigate this unprecedented public health crisis.