EXPY Award Nominations Now Open
Nominations for the 2017 EXPY Awards are being accepted now through Nov. 30, 2017.
The Experience Columbus EXPY Awards recognize outstanding contributions by businesses, groups, organizations or individuals to the local hospitality industry and/or the Greater Columbus visitor experience. EXPY winners demonstrate the best of US and serve as role models for creativity and collaboration. They bring awareness to the importance of the local visitor industry and the economic activity it generates.
Award recipients must demonstrate outstanding support in one or more Experience Columbus Strategic Initiative during the previous year. These Strategic Initiatives are directed toward growing the local visitor industry and its economic benefit to Greater Columbus and include:
- Make it Columbus: nominees must be local businesses, associations, government entities or individuals who have successfully worked to bring meetings, conventions, trade shows and sporting events to Columbus
- Collaborative Brand Marketing: nominees must be community partners who have developed and promoted the Columbus image and brand outside Central Ohio with demonstrated measurable results
- Enhanced Visitor Experience: nominees must be organizations, attractions and events that have created a vibrant, fun, enlightening and/or educational experience for visitors through creative programming, exhibitions and events that have attracted incremental numbers of visitors. (Note: Established events are awarded EXPYs only during years when they have celebrated anniversaries or other important milestones.)
- Connectivity: nominees must be entities that have made significant contributions to the ease of getting visitors to and around Greater Columbus
- Infrastructure: nominees must be entities that have made significant build enhancements to the destination such as meeting facilities, hotels, public art, exhibition centers, green spaces, improvements to districts and neighborhoods
Nomination forms are accepted from the public and must be accompanied by a minimum of two letters of recommendation from sources outside the organization.
The EXPY Awards will be presented at the 2018 Experience Columbus Annual Meeting on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
The EXPY Awards are proudly sponsored by
Nominations are now closed.
Congratulations to the 2016 EXPY Award recipients:
- The Columbus Foundation – 2016 National CEOs for Cities Meeting
- Columbus Metropolitan Library and The Ohio State University Libraries – The 82nd IFLA World Library and Information Congress
- John Glenn Columbus International Airport - Terminal Modernization
- Columbus Downtown Development Corporation – Downtown Columbus Riverfront / Scioto Greenways
- Ohio Quarter Horse Association – 50th Annual All American Quarter Horse Congress
- The Columbus Association for the Performing Arts - 20th Anniversary of Festival Latino
- The Columbus Symphony - 5th Anniversary of Picnic with the Pops at the Columbus Commons